Chateau des Gravieres - Bordeaux

Chateau des Gravieres is the flagship wine from Les Vignobles Labuzan, which was founded in 1847 and today is run by 7th generation brothers, Denis and Thierry Labuzan. The winery is in Portets, both a port and a village which sits beside the Garonne River, 20km south of Bordeaux in the heart of the Graves region. The unique gravel soils here produce reds which have a distinctive freshness, rich fruit and a graphite quality. This is where the real value lies in Bordeaux, according to Will. The vines are on average, 25 years old, the soil is full of pebbles, and the wine is 50% aged in barriques. Production is focused on Merlot which typically makes up 80% of the blend and the remaining 20% being Cabernet Sauvignon. Chateau des Gravieres proves that value does still exist in Bordeaux.

Refine by